Sunday, April 15, 2007

The 2007 Jspec XR250 has arrived!




Picked up the new machine today. I must say that it’s not a bad looking ride in the Japan only black and gold rim trim. As expected the engine is a tad on the anemic side but we can live with that. Unlike the US XRs it does have electric start and just like all XRs it is also super lightweight(not)and you can see Heather throwing it all around in these pics. :)
It is nice to have a bike again and I got out for a little break-in trip towards the mountains north of town. It took me about 20 minutes to figure out there is no better mode of personal transportation available than the motorcycle for this country.
A manager at the Dream Honda shop was nice enough to break out a map for me and detail several hundred miles of offroad trails between here and the Nikko mountain area. I'll have to wait another month or so to explore those, as they are still snow and ice covered in some sections. In the meantime I plan to use it for the daily commute as weather permits and will maybe hit the Kinugawa river bed a little for fun.

No comments: